Tuesday, January 1, 2008

ACK! Packing! 14 days to go!

I remember being relieved in early December when our possession date changed from January 1st to the 15th. I have no idea how we would have managed to move today. As it stands, I'm starting to wonder how we're going to get everything organized in the two weeks that we have left...

I am looking forward to a one-day move, though. Last time we had a month or two of overlap, which seemed like a great idea at the time. What that really meant was we had about 12 moving days, the last of which was just as stressful as the do-it-all-in-one-day model. I just keep thinking of the band-aid philosophy: peel off slowly, feeling each yoinked hair or rip it off quickly.

Theoretically this house will be a long-term home for us, so we won't be going through moving again anytime soon...

No comments: