Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sewing!

I have finally made something with a piece of fabric that I bought at Value Village a few months ago. Okay, it's a bedsheet, I'll admit it. It was about $3, found at the 50% off sale.


I was inspired by Melissa of Tiny Happy, who I read nearly daily. She posted about a dress she'd made recently & mentioned liking the pattern (New Look 6725). Coincidentally, the style was just about what I was looking to create with the crazy floral bedsheet. I wanted something late 60s, maybe mod, comfy & loose for the summer.


I hadn't made anything with a commercial pattern in years--I usually just make things up as I go along, basing my garments on another item of clothing that I like the fit of. So it was refreshing to have exact pattern pieces & instructions.

The other thing I made recently was a t-shirt for my friend Raine. We were looking through my cache of XL t-shirts (from Village de Valeurs, where else?) to find one to rework for her. She loves purple & had been looking for a new purple top. Voila: a lovely eggplanty colour & it had 'Vancouver' on it as well!

2 comments:

melissa said...

fantastic! ićm so glad you enjoyed that pattern as well. love your floral version.

Anonymous said...

I think you need to post a picture of my dress on your page too. Preferably the one with Oliver. I can't stop giggling!