Sunday, March 26, 2006

Reno Hall of Fame

Yesterday most of my family trooped through our condo. I think I gave the "grand tour" about 5 times. I'm starting to have a memorized repetoire, like a tour guide, about what we plan to improve & how bad it was originally.

We got a late start, but accomplished quite a bit. Cathy played chauffeur & helped lug paint & supplies from the co-op to the condo. Aaron & Sarah arrived next & immediately got to work spackling, sanding, edging & painting ceilings. Mike arrived soon after, bringing Sheila & Barry through (grand tour #3) & joined in the wall-smoothing efforts.

We took an early dinner break at Hawker's Delight & grabbed hot drinks for the walk back down Main Street to the place. On the way, we bumped into some old friends of mine (Shelly & Ian) who, coincidentally, live a block away from the condo. That was one thing I thought I'd miss about living on the Drive: bumping into people I know all the time.

The funniest thing about Shelly & Ian is that, despite not having seen them for a few years, they knew all about the condo & our real estate quest of the last 6 months. Shelly teaches & carpools with our Super Sleuth realtor/cousin(-in-law), Traci's boyfriend Phil. (Try saying that 5 times fast!) So she had heard all about the ups & downs we've had offering on condos in this crazy real estate market. Small world...

So, anyway, as promised: besides providing food & drink to all who help work on our place, I also offer fame. See the ever-growing RENO HALL OF FAME in the left sidebar of this blog. Thanks guys!

No comments: